Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Devotion: When Betrayal Strikes

 God is going to accelerate your dreams!!!!!!

Daily Bible Verses

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables ~2 Timothy 4:4

Daily Inspiration

We do not like to be wrong, and our egos become bruised when we stand corrected. The Bible provides details as to how we should conduct our lives so that we align with the will of God. We read the Word of God and gain wisdom regarding sins we need to remove from our lives. People who enjoy their sinful lifestyles don’t want to hear they are wrong; they deflect from and do what they want to do instead of what God asks of them. Will continue to study the Word and understand truth from false prophecy.

Daily Prayer

Dear God, please guide us as we read Scripture. We desire wisdom regarding the truth to remain in line with Your will. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!

God is going to give you more than you asked for!!!!!

When Betrayal Strikes

By David Jacobs

When Betrayal Strikes: Forgiving someone that has betrayed can seem impossible, but nothing teaches a more valuable lesson. ~John 13:21-27

When I first started my professional career, I had a side business that generated a good amount of income for me. My partner and I split the work evenly and it seem that nothing could go wrong I was happy, he was happy, and our customers were happy and kept coming back for our services. That changed quickly however, when an outsider promised my partner much greener pastures if he would abandon me and work with him. Sadly, my partner listened, and our business crumbled, as did our friendship.

I was unable to get over this event for a long time: I was betrayed by someone I trusted completely, and the promises that the outsider told my partner were impossible to keep. Shortly after starting their new business my partner was betrayed by the outsider, and we were both left alone. He came to me asking for forgiveness but I was not ready to grant him it at the time. Rejecting his request burned me up inside, making me feel more hateful and angry as a result. When I finally accepted his apology, a load was lifted off my shoulders, and we both seemed to learn a valuable lesson.

Judas is one of the most despised figures in the Bible, betraying Jesus for thirty pieces of silver. Like my partner, some of us have our price, no matter what we may believe. Also similar to my partner, I imagine that in time Judas came to despise his thirty pieces of silver, overcome with guilt. In later verses he returns the money, knowing that after Christ’ condemnation they had become worthless. Jesus had preemptively forgiven him, teaching him a lesson before he had been betrayed and after. Money will come and go, but friendship and love can last much longer. The love of God…forever.

Prayer

Lord in Heaven, You have shown me the power of forgiveness. I know that I have sinned and will sin again, but You are always there. You have sent Your Son, Jesus Christ, to die for all of us, teaching a lesson about forgiveness and life eternal. Let me not fall into greed, or become a slave bonded to material goods. I am forever indebted and forever owe my servitude to You. Amen.

Get closer to God day by day!!!!!!

When God Seems Far Away

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than Your ways, and my thoughts than Your thoughts. ~Isaiah 55:9

No comments:

Post a Comment